Training for the Cross - Blog

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Glory to God

Our God is so incredibly amazing, and worthy of praise and worship, to Him be ALL the glory. James 4:6 says, "God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble." Please help keep Training for the Cross (TFTC) in God's grace and help us give the praise and glory where the praise and glory are due.

Zechariah 6:12 says, "Behold the man whose name is The Branch (Jesus); and he shall grow up out of His place, and He shall build the temple of the Lord. Even He shall build the temple of the Lord; and He shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne."


Join with us in giving Glory to Jesus. The goal of TFTC is that Jesus will rise out of this ministry and He will bear ALL the glory! Help us in making sure that He receives all the praise and glory from the ministry. If God is able to use us to help you in anyway, it came from Him not us. Let's give praise to the Potter and not the clay.

Pride is something that I struggle with. Before the Lord got hold of me I always wanted to do something great with my life. After God got hold of me I wanted to do something great with my life for the Lord. However, through all that the focus was always on "me" and what "I" could do. This is just my self-preservation rising up and it has to go. Please help me in this area. Help me to stay out of my self-preservation. Please give ALL the glory to God. If I start stealing His praise and glory, it starts distancing us from Him, it builds pride in me and puts me in my self-preservation (thoughts involving; I, me, we, us).

I've worked with enough horses in their self-preservation to know that it is not fun. When I fall into my self-preservation, God has to hobble me, put me on three legs and I have to work twice as hard decreasing the energy fueling my self-preservation. Finally, when I have nothing left, He tells me, "Wade quit seeking the praise and approval from man, I have ordained you." Ordained: to place, in a passive and horizontal posture, different from an active and vertical posture, utterly prostrate (Greek definition). Meaning, I am nothing and He is everything.

God tells me, "Quit rising up in the temple and stealing my praise and worship" (2 Thessalonians 2:4). Paul tells us he had to die daily (1 Corinthians 15:31) and as he got rid of his self-preservation Christ was able to live in and through him (Galatians 2:20). I am sorry I am so weak and childish, but praise puffs me up (Colossians 2:18) and puts me in my self-preservation. Pride is one of the main things I have to try to kill off daily. Please help me in this area and give ALL the praise to God; in doing so we will both draw closer to Him. If you are appreciative of anything you receive from TFTC, let's praise God together, that we may both enter into His presence.

Thank you and God Bless,
Wade Black

Labels: , , , ,