Training for the Cross - Blog

Sunday, March 1, 2009

God's Promises

My sister sent this to me. I thought it might be a good thing to post since times are tough for so many people right now. These are the things God promises us. Lately I've heard from many people that God is a verb. I love it. He is real and at work right now! This is a collection of God's promises from scripture. My sister found it in a book she had in junior high called God's Precious Promises. I hope it will remind you of the hope we have in Christ Jesus and that He makes good on His promises!
This picture was taken when we were in China at the Great Wall. It amazes me that men built this, but what I find more amazing is God's creation and what He can do through us when we surrender our hearts to Him and put our faith in Him.

Jehovah is Promise
The compounded names of Jehovah God, translated The Lord, are promises.

The Lord provides. Gen. 22:14

The Lord heals. Ex. 15:26

The Lord protects. Ex. 17:15

The Lord sanctifies. Ex. 31:13

The Lord sends peace. Judg. 6:24

The Lord of hosts offers strength. 1 Sam. 1:3

The Lord is our shepherd. Ps. 23:1

The Lord is our redeemer. Isa. 44:24

The Lord is our righteousness. Jer. 23:6

The Lord is always there. Ezek. 48:35

God The Almighty is all-sufficient. Gen. 17:1

Jehovah is "I am that I am." God is all that we need Him to be. Ex. 3:14

Have a blessed Sunday!
Amaia

Labels: , , ,