Training for the Cross - Blog

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Bronc Riding Prayer

The Lord is my strength and my shield; of nothing shall I fear.
He makes me to lie in green pastures and His presence grows near.

He breaths life into my body to bring glory to His name.
I am a warrior for Christ and rodeo is my game.

He guides me and protects me as I step into the ring.
A hedge of protection around me He'll bring.

Though lies may surround me about the fate of my ride,
But you chose my horse and in you I reside.

I know you are with me as I call for my horse.
You ride behind me to keep me on course.


Destruction pulls me forward, but on you will I lean.
My shoulders stay back and to you will I cling.

My faith is in you as I lift on my rein.
I lift to the heavens as I charge to the mane.

I hold tight to my swells like I do to your Word.
I cling to the truth in your promises I have heard.

My mind is in the middle and my spurs are a shark.
They keep reaching and striking for the perfect mark.

I am a warrior for Christ and rodeo is my game.
I spur'em for eight and give praise to your name.

By Wade Black

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home