Training for the Cross - Blog

Monday, March 30, 2009

Prayer for Ray Hunt


I read this prayer at my grandfather's funeral in Texas.

Lord,

We gather here today to celebrate the life of Ray Hunt. As we come together for this celebration I would like to thank You for the many gifts you have provided for the occasion. I thank You for the gifts you gave my grandpa that he was able to share with the world. Gifts applied to horses but applicable to life as well. Through Grandpa's teachings, people around the world saw how man and horse could truly become one, and I thank You for this gift. I thank You also for the gift of Your Son Jesus Christ that through His death and resurrection and believing in Him, man and God can also truly become one.

I thank You for the gift of feel, timing, and balance You gave my grandpa to show the world, the gift that could never be comprehended by head knowledge but had to be experienced between man and horse. Through this feel, timing, and balance man can communicate with the horse and keep them in our perfect will. I also thank You for the gift of Your Holy Spirit that too can never be comprehended by head knowledge but has to be experienced between man and God. Through the Holy Spirit we may learn to feel of You and learn to stay in Your perfect will.

Lord, I thank You for my grandpa and the gifts he leaves behind for me and for the world. I thank You that his teachings not only taught me how to feel of the horse and to have unity with the horse, but also taught me how to feel of You and to have unity with You.

I thank You for the many gifted people that have gathered here today to celebrate the life of Ray Hunt. I pray that these people would learn from my grandpa's teachings, what You have taught me. That is, the gift of applying Tom Dorrance's and Ray Hunt's teachings to their life and to experience "True Unity and Willing Communication between God and Man."

I thank You for my grandpa, Oh Lord.

I pray these things in Jesus' Holy name.

Amen.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home