Training for the Cross - Blog

Monday, July 20, 2009

Double Your Mind Around This!

I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me (John 14:6).

A friend that was leading a bible study I went to this past week asked us a question that another person had brought to his attention. The question had everything to do with the topic that night, but was not the main subject.

Before I ask the question, I find it exciting how the Holy Spirit can take us to a whole new revelation of God's word when it is spoken.
In answer to Thomas's question in John 14:5, Jesus states in John 14:6, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Here is the question to you as it was given to me.
Do you believe John 14:6?
Do you believe Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life? And that no one comes to the Father except through Him?

Oh Saints! As I ponder this I realize the question has weight to it, it has depth far greater than what our own understanding can comprehend. It was a question birthed by the Spirit to bring us to a realization of what He really is and who we really are in Him!

That statement (John 14:6) defines our whole being as a believer.
Without believing it, we then stand outside the temple gates unable to be forgiven, unable to praise, unable to sacrifice, unable to wash ourselves in the word, unable to experience the fruits of the Spirit, unable to worship, unable to feel His touch or hear His voice.

Where then does that put us?
What do you see in the people around you?
Who do you see in the people around you?
There are millions of lost people in this world, are you just a number?
I'll bet Satan doesn't even know my name, but God knows how many hairs are on my head and how many I lost yesterday!

Jesus said "I am the way (the only way to meet God), I am the truth (God's righteousness and all the mysteries of the Kingdom of Heaven are revealed), I am the life" (He gives us eternal life, but He also equips us and fills us with His life as we struggle here in this world). No one comes to the Father but through Him (we cannot even be in the presence of God or enter the Kingdom of Heaven without recognizing who Jesus is and what He has done).
We should find this encouraging, as believers, that we now have a purpose in life. You are one of a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His wonderful light (1 Peter 2:9).

This is my prayer for the week:
"Lord, that you might reveal your way, your truth, your life to me, so that I may walk in your will and spend time in your glorious presence. That you would unveil your word to me, so that your knowledge and understanding would become mine. Thank you Father that I am one of a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, that I have a purpose through you."
Amen

I would like to encourage you to get into the word daily, if not hourly, and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal it and teach you from it. Expect to experience God the more you become available to Him. Start with John chapters 14-17.
May the wisdom you find in our Lord set you apart!

TVN

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home